|Home About Us Book Store Online Audio Chassidus Via Telephone|
Hayom-Yom for 4, Elul
|Hayom Yom was written by the Lubavitcher Rebbe in 5703 (1942-43).|
In this box we have listed the Torah Lessons for this year.
The Torah Lessons below in the text are as they were in the original edition.
Shabbat Elul 4 5703 Torah Lessons
Chumash: Shoftim, Shevi'i with Rashi.
Tehillim: 23-28. Also 10-12.
Tanya: XI. To make you (p. 445)...Supreme Good. (p. 449).
The order of Birchot HaTorah: 
With the Tallit touch the beginning and ending of the reading, kiss the Tallit where it touched the Torah, roll up the Torah, turn your face slightly to the right, say the B'racha, open the Torah and read.In describing the unique qualities of humankind, four terms are used:
Since it is possible to turn Enosh into Ish or Adam, it is obvious that Enosh already possesses  the qualities found in Ish and Aadam.
- Adam refers to the quality of mind and intellect;
- Ish to the quality of heart and emotion;
- Enosh, weakness in either intellect or emotion or both;
- Gever, who overcomes inner weakness and removes obstacles and hindrances to the attainment of an intellectual or emotional quality.
I.e. Gever works upon Enosh to elevate him to the plane of Ish or Adam.
- (Back to text) The B'rachot pronounced by the person called to the Torah.
- (Back to text) In latent or undeveloped state.
|Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
| About |