|Home About Us Book Store Online Audio Chassidus Via Telephone|
Hayom-Yom for 6, Av
|Hayom Yom was written by the Lubavitcher Rebbe in 5703 (1942-43).|
In this box we have listed the Torah Lessons for this year.
The Torah Lessons below in the text are as they were in the original edition.
Shabbat Menachem Av 6 5703 Torah Lessons
Chumash: Devarim, Shevi'i with Rashi.
Tanya: Ch. 12. The reason for (p. 385)...will discover good. (p.387).
The Alter Rebbe on his return from (his arrest in) Petersburg said a Maamar for the Mitteler Rebbe, consisting in all of but a few lines:
Raise your hands in holiness and bless Havayeh  (G-d). G-d bless you from Zion, Maker of heaven and earth. "Raise your hands in holiness" - refers to the elevation of the emotive traits to the intellect, and the illumination of the emotive traits by the intellect. *
"G-d bless you from Zion" - the Name Havayeh will be drawn forth from the essence of the soul,
"Maker of heaven and earth" - and this maintains the existence of the worlds. *
- (Back to text) The Tetragrammaton (four-letter ineffable name of G-d) is referred to in Chassidus as Havayeh, roughly, "the Name of Being."
- (Back to text) Tehillim 134:2,3.
- (Back to text) The Hebrew word of blessing, B'racha, frequently connotes drawing forth or eliciting supernal response.
- (Back to text) Sheim Havayeh di'L'eila.
* See Supplementary Footnotes, p. 128.
|Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
| About |